This copycat Chik-a-Fil Chicken Salad recipe is packed with yummy flavors. The recipe is incredibly easy to make, and your family will love it.
The chicken salad features chopped egg, which may well bring up the what came first the chicken or the egg question for some… well, it could inspire an interesting dinner table conversation with the kids about that topic anyway.
Make a batch of these knockoff Chik-a-Fil Chicken Salad Sandwiches this afternoon, and serve along with some chips and maybe even a Copycat Wendy’s Frosty. The lure of drive thru food may fade a bit, if they can get these right at home. The switch could save you some serious money over time, and it is always nice to know what is in your family’s food.
Without further ado, here is the copycat Chik-a-Fil Chicken Salad recipe. Enjoy.
- 2 cups leftover cooked whitemeat chicken, chopped
- ⅓ cup celery, chopped
- 1 hard boiled egg, chopped
- ¼ cup sweet pickle relish
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- loose leaf lettuce
- Mix together the chicken, celery, egg, mayonnaise, relish, salt and pepper.
- Toast bread and top half with lettuce.
- Spread ¼ of the copycat chicken salad over each, and top with remaining toast slices.
*some like to add a little sugar (around a ¼ tsp)