On weekdays while my daughter is in school, I am typically by myself for lunch. I don’t want to fuss to much about the meal, but take it as an opportunity to make things that wouldn’t suit my daughter’s tastes. I’ve also been focusing on cutting back on sugar and carbs in general, while not taking a drastic approach I must say I feel better and there is the added bonus of dropping a few pounds along the way. This Chicken Zucchini Noodles in Peanut Sauce stir fry recipe is the result of one of those solo lunches.
Chicken Zucchini Noodles in Peanut Sauce: Yes, Zoodles Can be Satisfying
When done right zucchini noodles (also known as Zoodles) are a satisfying substitute for traditional noodles. Making sure there are hearty elements to the dish such as chicken and in this case a rich peanut sauce ensure you aren’t left hungry. It is also important to get the right balance of moisture when cooking zucchini noodles. Whereas traditional noodles absorb liquid, zucchini noodles release juices. The peanut powder used in the making of this sauce remedies that issue with ease.
Try this simple chicken zucchini noodles recipe for yourself and soon you will be coming up with your own variations.
- Serves: 1
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 246
- Fat: 7
- Carbohydrates: 15
- Sugar: 8
- Sodium: 631
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 33
- Cholesterol: 75
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 oz skinless chicken breast, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 medium zucchini squash, spiralized
- 3-4 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbs Hoisin sauce*
- 1½ tsp Ponzu sauce*
- 2 tbs powdered peanut butter
- Pour oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot add the chicken and garlic. Saute until the garlic is soft and outside of chicken is cooked.
- Add the zucchini and mushrooms. When the zucchini noodles are tender and nearly cooked, then add the remaining ingredients.
- Cook until the sauce has thickened.
- Simply scoop into a bowl to serve. Additional seasoning should not be needed.