As my kitchen is a bit torn up at the moment, I’ve been making mostly quick easy dishes like stir fries over the past couple weeks. While I do make a lot of Asian stir fries, I make them with Southwest flavor pretty regularly too.
This Chicken, Poblano & Bean Stir Fry would go well with rice, quinoa or bulgur, but I happened to just eat it as is and found it to be a satisfying lunch. With all these veggies and lean protein, it’s good for you too.
- 1 tsp oil
- ½ a Large sweet onion, sliced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 pablano pepper, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- ½ tsp sugar (or dash of stevia)
- ½ tbs butter
- ½ cup canned kidney beans, drained rinsed
- Place oil in pan over medium high heat. Once hot add the onion, zucchini, pepper & garlic. Stir fry until the vegetables are almost cooked through.
- Add the chicken & paprika. Stir fry until you don't visibly see pink.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir fry for a minute, then serve.