This post brought to you by Hormel Foods, LLC.. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Mom Foodie at blommi.com.
In the dog days of summer, I am not a fan of slaving over a hot pot or doing much baking. I want quick convenient meals that my fussy daughter will actually eat. It is also a big plus if a meal is easy tote around. We like to eat out in our gazebo once the weather cools in the early evening. This Chicken Dinner Pasta Salad recipe is not only an easy to make weeknight dinner, but being a cold all-in-one meal, it is ideal for outdoor dining. Also, since it is a cold dish it can be made ahead and eaten anytime over the next few days. It doesn’t get much easier than that.
With the help of HORMEL® Premium Chicken Breast this weeknight dinner can be prepared in about 15 minutes. It is a terrific way to add lean protein to a meal in a flash.
The dressing is very simple and while adding flavor doesn’t overpower the chicken and vegetables.
Visit Hormel Foods for more Easy Recipe Ideas and money saving promotions & coupons. You can also locate their products in your local stores with the help of the site, and sign-up for the Hormel Newsletter if you would like. If you are active on Pinterest following there could be useful, and of course they post a good deal of great stuff on Facebook too. The brand loves when you share your own recipes and ideas there too.
- ½ lb small shells (or dry pasta of choice)
- 1 bag frozen mixed vegetables, approx. 10-12 oz
- 10 oz. can HORMEL® Premium Chicken Breast
- ⅓ cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tbs. buttermilk*
- 2 tbs. Italian dressing
- Boil the pasta to al dente. Thaw vegetables in microwave while pasta is cooking. The vegetables only need to be thawed not thoroughly heated.
- Drain and rinse pasta with cold water. Drain well, then add vegetables. Drain can of Hormel Chunk Chicken and add to pasta as well.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients in small bowl to make dressing.
- Add dressing to pasta bowl and mix well.