Making the Most of Summer
Summer is just a few months, and here in New England, it seems even shorter. I like to make the most out of this special time of year and make sure my daughter gets a whopping dose of fun and flavor. I still have work and chore responsibilities, and she has therapy and part-time school during most of the summer, so the available time needs to be used effectively for optimal enjoyment.
Quick Summer Snacks
Quick and easy, bold and flavorful snacks are an essential tool to help me use our time wisely. Simple preparation and the ability to do so ahead of time makes for snacks that can be speedily packed when the predicted rainy day turns to one filled with sunshine. A bag of the new Sargento® Snack Bites™ cheese snacks can be tossed right in the cooler, along with drinks and some fresh fruit. Just put on some sunscreen and we are ready to roll!
Sargento Snack Bites™ cheese snacks
Sargento Foods makes four different flavor-packed varieties of their Snack Bites™cheese snacks. These new snacks are great for portioning, especially since they have less than 20 calories per stick.
The four bold flavors are:
- Savory Garlic & Herb Jack – Delicious creamy Monterey Jack cheese complemented with garlic & herbs.
- Wisconsin Sharp Cheddar – You just can’t lose with the bold taste of traditional sharp cheddar.
- Chipotle BBQ Cheddar – Smoky BBQ seasoning elevates a mild cheddar to all new levels of flavor.
- Colby-Pepper Jack – A flavor packed mix of Monterey Jack & Colby cheeses kicked up a notch with fiery habanero and jalapeño peppers.
Why not put out some of each on a plate next time you need a flavorful snack for the kids or some nibbles for guests. There is sure to be a flavor there for everyone.
I adore spicy foods, so my personal favorite is the Colby-Pepper Jack, which I enjoy eating straight out of the bag along with some raw almonds. The combo makes for an incredibly satisfying small snack. My daughter prefers the two cheddar varieties (Wisconsin Sharp & Chipotle BBQ).
I have been adding a few of the new Snack Bites™ cheese snacks in with her vegetable array when I pack her lunch. A trick I can easily duplicate when packing us a picnic lunch this summer.
These Cheese & Veggie Skewers featuring Sargento® Savory Garlic & Herb Jack Snack Bites™ cheese snacks are an example of something you can do with Snack Bites™cheese snacks. Skewering the cheese with colorful fresh veggies, sweet basil leaves and some tangy olives and fresh-packed pickles makes snack time so much more fun.
- Sargento Savory Garlic & Herb Jack Snack Bites™ cheese snacks
- Your choice of raw vegetables, fresh sweet basil or baby spinach leaves, olives and fresh cured pickles (or cucumbers), sliced small
- 6-8" wooden skewers
- Alternate skewering the vegetables along with 2-3 Snack Bites™ cheese snacks per skewer.
- Pack in airtight plastic containers, or cover serving plates with plastic wrap and keep cool until serving.
2-3 skewers per serving.
New Sargento Snack Bites™cheese snacks are available at most grocers and big box retailers for a suggested retail price of $3.69 per resealable bag. Try some this week.