Bulgar Wheat Salad Recipe with Garbanzo Beans, Lemon and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Author: Robin Gagnon
- 1 cup dry bulgar (cracked wheat)
- 2 cups chicken broth (for vegans, just substitute vegetable broth)
- generous pinch of thyme
- tsp. olive oil
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- ¼ cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not oil packed)
- 1 (15 oz) can garbanzo beans
- 1 lemon
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- 1 tbs. capers (small)
- kosher salt (to taste)
- Put bulgar, broth and thyme in saucepan, bring to boil, then cover and turn off burner.
- Zest ½ the lemon, cut the zested half off and juice it. Reserve both.
- Saute garlic in the olive oil, add sun-dried tomatoes & the lemon zest.
- After about 2 minutes remove from heat, and add the bulgar and remaining ingredients.
- Best served at room temperature, with sliced lemon.