My husband likes his food spicy, so I developed this hot and spicy meatloaf recipe for him.
This meatloaf still goes well with traditional sides, but also pairs nicely with, Spanish rice, or spaghetti. I usually make the full recipe, since the leftovers make great sandwiches (one of his favorites), but the recipe is easily halved, if you just want a small loaf.
Spicy Meatloaf Recipe
Author: Robin Gagnon
- 2 ½ lb. meatloaf mix (premixed in store ground beef, pork & veal)
- ¾ c. Italian bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- ¼ c. French’s French Fried Onions (crushed)
- 2 tbs. French’s Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ tbs. Frank’s Red Hot
- 2 Chilis packed in adobo (minced, remove most of the seeds)
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl (using your hands works best).
- Form together, then pack into a large loaf pan.
- Bake on middle rack for 45-50 minutes.