I live in Rhode Island, the Ocean State, so as I am sure you can imagine the beach is an important part of our summer. Around here people have packing a beach bag down to an art form, but everyone has their own distinct formula for packing the perfect beach bag. My own beach bag contents have changed throughout the years, especially since having my daughter, but some items are universal must-haves.
- Sunblock- This one is a no-brainer, unless you are fond of painful burns & peeling skin, not to mention premature aging and skin cancer.
- Towel- Even if you bring a beach chair, you will still need this for drying off, and sand removal.
- Sanitizing Wipes or Gel- There are some pretty funky things at the beach, and facilities are often minimal.
- Band-aids- No need to carry a full medic kit, but a couple band-aids along with the a fore mentioned sanitizer can handle minor cuts.
- Cover-up- Whether an actual cover-up, or just a gauzy shirt or over sized tee you will be grateful to have it on hand, if the breezes get chilly or you have to run into the store on the way home.
- Healthy Snacks- Even if the beach has a concession stand, odds are most of the items will be fried or other high calorie/ low nutrition foods. Avoid packing on pounds at the worst time, by bringing along better options like a protein bar, fruit or some bean salad, all of which will remain food safe, during a day at the beach.
- Beverage- It is easy to get dehydrated at the beach. If you don’t want to drag a lot of heavy beverages with you, bring a refillable bottle, along with some packets of Lipton Tea and Honey. You can get water from the fountain (called a bubbler here in RI), then add your packet and shake, for an instant 5 calorie beverage.
I just recently tried Lipton Tea and Honey. It comes in small packets, that are meant to be added to 8 oz. of water. I prefer a more watered down version myself, and have been using one packet in a 16 oz. bottle. Either way, it is just 5 calories! This is real tea, made with real fruit flavors and honey.
While Lipton Tea and Honey is a perfect on the go beverage (and as I have mentioned, will be going to the beach with me), I have mostly been drinking it while doing yard work, so far. My yard was in pretty bad shape this spring, and I have been spending a good deal of time trying to get it back in shape. The Lipton Tea and Honey is refreshing & tasty, while kind to the waistline and high in flavonoids. Works for me. This new individually packaged powdered tea is available in 3 yummy flavors:
- Mango Pineapple Iced Green Tea (my fave)
- Lemon Iced Black Tea
- Blackberry Pomegranate Iced Green Tea
In celebration of the launch of this convenient new tea product, Lipton is giving away a limited number of Lipton Tea & Honey samples. To receive a sample yourself, visit www.liptonteaandhoney.com, and enter your mailing information.
Tell me how you add flavor to your life and the first three people to comment on my blog will win a sample of Lipton Tea & Honey to try for themselves!
For an extra entry to win the Lipton Tea & Honey kit share this sweepstakes with your friends on Twitter and Facebook by clicking the buttons below. Learn more about the amazing Lipton Tea & Honey Flavors on their Facebook page
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Lipton Tea. The opinions and text are all mine. Official sweepstakes rules.