For someone who supposedly doesn’t eat much meat, I sure do have a lot of bacon recipes I like to make. This Bacon, Blue Cheese and Tomato Bread is super simple to make, and no one will mistake it for store bought, since as far as I know, you can’t buy this bread anywhere. I’ve decided to share my easy bacon bread recipe with you, so you can whip together a delicious loaf for your guests too.
With football season coming up, this Bacon, Blue Cheese and Tomato Bread recipe is sure to please as a game time snack, or for your tailgate party. If tailgating, I would wrap the cooked bread in foil and warm it on the cooler side of the grill for a few minutes before serving along with all your grill meats. Yum! Don’t wait till game day though, it is perfect for an appetizer or special afternoon treat anytime. Why not serve with a fresh salad and make it into a meal 😀
Making Bacon Blue Cheese Tomato Bread
Full recipe below.
- 1 lb. dough
- 8 strips of crispy bacon
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- ½ cup diced fresh tomatoes
- olive oil
- crushed garlic
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Stretch out dough into a long thin rectangle. Use a rolling pin to help, if you need to.
- Crumble the strips of bacon onto half the dough into long direction.
- Top with blue cheese, then tomato.
- Fold the uncovered side over the filling.
- Whisk together oil and garlic, then baste top of dough with it.
- Roll up the dough, then baste with more garlic oil mixture.
- Put on baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Slice and serve warm or cool.