We are now a week into the new year. Hopefully, you are still right on track with your resolution to live a healthier lifestyle this year, but if you are already struggling, perhaps some of these easy healthy living tips will help. I do all of them and they certainly help me. The only one I struggle with is number two, since storage is very limited in my kitchen.
- Shut off the TV. What has television done for you lately? How much does lying around watching other people live their lives, really enhance your own. Use that time to exercise, get things done around the house or spend quality time with your family. (Bonuses: Save money on your cable bill by cutting out channels, plus electric bill savings)
- No mindless eating. Where you eat can reflect on the thought or lack thereof involved. Resolve to stop eating in front of the TV or computer. Also, put a halt to eating in the car. Make sure to put all your “picky” snacks away in a cupboard or other out-of-site spot immediately. Having then sit out, encourages thoughtless “fly-by” snacking.
- Cook. Cooking your own food, can help reduce the amount of chemicals and empty calories your family consumes. It will almost certainly lower your sodium intake which is shockingly high for most Americans.
- Wear a Pedometer. 10,000 steps-a-day is a good goal for a healthy active lifestyle. Whatever the starting count you have, it will motivate you to do more.
- Put on some Music. Without even realizing it, you will end out being more active when you have some lively music on. If you are stressed, put something soothing on.
So what are your healthy living tips? What helps keep you on track with your resolutions? What do you find most difficult when endeavoring toward a healthy lifestyle?